Nick Neter – Shiatsu Practitioner – Qigong Teacher
MY PERSONAL VIEW
I believe Shiatsu has the ability to transform lives, both in the giving and receiving. The beauty of Shiatsu is that it works on all levels, physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually and enables us to connect with the deepest parts of ourselves to effect healing and a deeper sense of aliveness.
- B’Ed Hons,
- DipSh Hons in Multidisciplinary Healthcare, Dip QT
- Registered Member of the Shiatsu Society of Great Britain (MRSS)
- Member of Complementary and Natural Health Care Council (CNHC)
- I have studied and worked with Shiatsu since 1993. I studied at the Zen School of Shiatsu in London and the Shiatsu College Hastings, completing my Shiatsu Diploma in 2004 after three years of study.
- I completed my postdiploma year with the Shiatsu College to become a Registered member of the Shiatsu Society of Great Britain (MRSS) in 2008
- I am a qualified teacher of Qigong after completing a two year teacher training course with the Shiatsu College (DipQT)
- Successfully completed a B’Sc in Multidisciplinary Healthcare in 2012 with a research project into the effects of Shiatsu on back pain
- I am also trained to Reiki Level 2
ABOUT ME AND MY PRACTICE
A Shiatsu treatment for a painful back when my regular chiropractor was on holiday showed me how powerful Shiatsu can be. After 1 treatment not only was my back better but I experienced a powerful sense of well being, abundant energy and joy for three weeks afterwards! I wanted to learn more about this amazing therapy. A Shiatsu session takes place fully clothed usually on a comfortable futon (Japanese mattress) on the floor. To receive Shiatsu is deeply relaxing and yet envigorating, leaving a feeling of tranquility and a sense of being in touch with every part of ones body.
I am available at Natural Fitness Centre every week generally on Mondays and Tuesdays and run a popular monthly WALK-IN SHIATSU CLINIC where you can enjoy a half hour treatment for a suggested donation from £10.
Before my life as a Shiatsu Practitioner I spent time in the Wine Trade, Organic Agriculture and latterly as a Primary School Teacher and Outreach Worker in Education. I also run workshops in schools on Native American ways of living.
“Out of all the different massage therapies & techniques I have experienced, I have to say that Shiatsu is by far my favourite! It’s hard to pinpoint exactly why, but here are a few reasons for starters … after a shiatsu massage I feel deeply calm & relaxed. I also feel uplifted & enlightened & I experience an amazing sense of clarity. I feel extremely balanced & I have to say it is probably the most wonderful natural high I have ever experienced.
On the physical side, my limbs feel more lithe, I feel more flexible and any stiffness in my joints seems to disappear. I would urge everyone to seek out the incredible benefits for themselves and would highly recommend Nick Neter as a shiatsu practitioner to everyone. Both myself & others agree that Nick has a lovely calm manner & healing hands”. I am so glad I discovered his shiatsu”
“Since starting my Shiatsu sessions eighteen months ago, the benefits have been enormous. I couldn’t walk more than 250 metres without considerable pain in my feet and also both knees. I can now walk up to two miles in any day completely pain free. My shoulders and neck are almost back to normal. Apart from the remedying of my aches and pains, Shiatsu has given me a wonderful feeling of ‘well being’ and a true inner calm. I find my fortnightly sessions an integral part of my life and also a very pleasant experience”
My website www.eastbourneshiatsu.co.uk