Jan Styles – Yoga Teacher and Holistic Therapist, Multi discipline
MY PERSONAL VIEW
Our true healer lies within. When we experience any form of dis-ease we are being led to care for ourselves on a deeper level. The practise of Yoga can help us understand our individual needs and provide the many tools to create greater health, balance and vitality.
The nurturing touch and wisdom of complementary therapies, such as aromatherapy, holistic massage and facials can be our most supportive companion on the journey in maintaining optimum health and realising our full potential.
ABOUT ME AND MY PRACTICE
Through ongoing study of energetic healing and Spiritual Psychotherapy, I have gained both an understanding and experience of how we create health and harmony (or lack of) in our lives. An earlier career in Paediatric Nursing and completion of a Diploma in Holistic Diagnostic Skills has allowed me to better assess the underlying causes of an individual’s symptoms and therefore offer a more balanced perspective on what treatments are most suitable.
I also offer colour therapy and numerology which indicate where energy is strong or weak within the body. Through this analysis, a personal programme can be developed recommending yoga therapy or specific treatments to optimise energy levels and improve health.
I have practiced aromatherapy for over 30 years and now specialise in colour aromatherapy and the balancing psychological benefits of essential oils. When experiencing an holistic facial or massage, clients often achieve a state of deep relaxation and energetic balancing. This can be of great benefit in cases of muscular tension, headaches, insomnia and many other stress-related conditions. Yoga therapy can also greatly assist in relieving back and neck pain and other symptoms caused by stress. These one-to-one sessions can also help improve flexibility, confidence and core strength.
My passion as an aromatherapist and Dru yoga teacher has inspired me to create a unique treatment experience where personalised yoga sessions can be completed with some relaxing back massage. The option of colour therapy, numerology and intuitive analysis can be incorporated into an initial consultation to assess the flow of energy through the body. This analysis indicates which of the energy centres located along the spine (chakras) are in need of support and treatment. If the base chakra is out of balance the client may experience feelings of fear, insecurity and pain. In this example, the client will learn some specific yoga postures, breathing and relaxation techniques to balance the chakras and re-direct the flow of energy. As a result, they will ultimately feel more energised and able to respond to life with greater awareness, balance and ease.
- Personalised Yoga Sessions and Classes, which are focused on maintaining a healthy, flexible spine and back;
- Aromatherapy massage which includes face and body;
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Holistic Facial;
- Lavera Uplifting Facial;
- Butterfly Touch Massage where the client remains fully clothed and can experience instant relaxation;
- Indian Head Massage;
- Colour Therapy and Numerology.
- Dip HE Diploma in Higher Education,
- RN (Children’s Nursing) 1994,
- Dip IRIS (Col.Aromatherapy) Iris International School of Colour Therapy,
- Advanced Diploma in Colour Aromatherapy 2005,
- Dip. DY.DYPR Diploma in DRU Yoga, Member of Professional Register of DRU yoga Teachers 2010,
- DRU Yoga Therapy Diploma 2012,
- BSYA (Hol.Diag)BSY Diploma in Holistic Diagnostic Skills 2010,
- MIFA Member of International Federation of Aromatherapists since 1985,
- Diploma in Aromatherapy, Aromatherapy Associates 1982/1995,
- IFA Registered,
- CIMI Certified Infant Massage Instructor. International Association of Infant Massage 1998,
- Gentle Bio-Energetics Institute (USA) 2006,
- Certified Practitioner Butterfly Touch Massage,
- Certified Instructor Butterfly Touch Massage,
- Marie Louise Lacy Advanced Colour Therapy 1988,
- Champneys College of Health & Beauty Aromatherapy Diploma 1982,
- ITEC Diploma in Beauty Therapy 1981.
“Having been recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia and being in constant pain, I decided to take up yoga, the once a week session I attend is very helpful but I wanted to learn how to do it at home. I booked a one to one session with Jan Styles. On that day I could hardly walk with the pain in my legs and back, Jan practiced yoga Nidra to relax me. An amazing experience, I left that session one hour later completely free from pain, I practically skipped down the road after it, managed my heavy weekly shop and slept very well that night. I cannot explain in words how this happened but I felt like I was having an out of body experience, like I was detached from my body, you have to listen and stay focussed to gain the best from the session. I highly recommend anyone with emotional or physical pain to try this form of yoga. I have not as yet mastered this at home but will keep trying …”
– Tracy, Eastbourne